CRETE-LEASE 20-VOC RELEASE AGENT
Crete-Lease 20-VOC is a water based release agent for use on any form or formliner. Use it for producing architectural concrete surfaces. Exceeds all state and federal EPA regulations. Updated May 2007.
Environmental Report Card
Crete-Lease 20-VOC Release Agent
Cresset Chemical Company, Inc.
One Cresset Center, Box 367
Weston, OH 43569
800-367-2020 USA & Canada
3. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Basic Use: Crete-Lease 20-VOC Release Agent permits easy, stain-free removal of forms or formliners from hardened concrete. It:
Limitations: Crete-Lease 20-VOC separates if frozen once or if stored for more than 8 months. Vigorous stirring renews it. Use Crete-Lease 727 where freezing occurs (except that Crete-Lease 727 is not usable on all of the same forms).
Ground Shipping in the USA: Containers holding 275 gallons or 55 gallons or 5 gallons or less (regardless of the number of containers) are not federally regulated and shipping product in the Cresset package does not require following hazardous shipping requirements.
Applicable Standards: Exceeds California SCAQMD rule
1113-90: Corps of Engineers, "Civil Works Construction Guide Specifications,"
CW-03101, Section 5.3 and Section 8: and Corps of Engineers, "Guide Specification
Military Construction," CEGS-03300, Section 10.8.
4. TECHNICAL DATA
Please see Tables.
TABLE OF PROPERTIES
|Freeze Temperature||31° F||0° C|
|Viscosity (centipoises)||500 @ 68° F||500 @ 20° C|
|Storage Life||8 months||8 months|
|Density||7.8 lbs/gal||933 g/L|
|VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds)||100 g/L||100 g/L|
|VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds)||0.83 lbs/gal||---|
Composition: A proprietary emulsion of vegetable oils in water. Contains no waxes, no silicones...no carcinogens.
TABLE OF FORM AND FORMLINER COMPATIBILITY
|Plywood||All Grades, Pre-oiled, Overlaid (LDO, MDO, HDO)|
|Plastics||Fiberglass Reinforced, Expanded Polystyrene Foam*, ABS, PVC|
|Coatings||Epoxy, Urethane, Latexes|
|Elastomerics||Silicone, SBR, Natural Rubber|
* Bead Board may require two coats
COVERAGE WITH CRETE-LEASE 20-VOC
|Form Surface||(sq ft/gal)||(m2/l)|
|Hard & Smooth||1,000||25|
Preparatory Work: Form surfaces should be clean, dry and free from contaminants. Apply Crete-Lease just minutes before concrete is placed or up to 14 days if treated surface is protected.
Methods: Your choice of application methods will determine the final appearance of the concrete. Use Release Method when a form release is the primary concern; use a Visual Guide Specification for concrete where both the visual impact and form reuse are primary concerns.
Release Method: Apply with any type applicator or technique. Use a sprayer, roller, brush, or mop.
Too much release agent will cause bugholes and "wormtracks" (as seen in CCS 6), and an increased difficulty in stripping.
Visual Guide Specifications: CCS 2 (Cresset Concrete Standards 2) is attainable when coverage rates are carefully followed. See Spray Coverage Rate Chart.
Visual Guide Specification Notes:
1. A properly applied film of Crete-Lease 20-VOC appears as many white spots very closely spaced. Clear "oily looking" patches appear as the water evaporates. Frequently the application appears not very uniform.
2. With Crete-Lease 20-VOC, the thinner the film the better the appearance, plus the forms strip easier.
3. Form surfaces used in producing CCS 1 and CCS 2 must be as clean as the hood on a showroom car before the release agent is applied. Protect treated surfaces from precipitation, dust and debris.
4. Non-porous form surfaces are required to uniformly produce CCS1,and CCS 2. Examples include HDO plywood, elastomerics, all plastics, metals and coatings.
5. When producing CCS 4, CCS 5 or CCS 6 concrete surfaces, you may use pre-oiled or untreated plywood, or LDO or MDO overlaid plywood.
6. Sprayers designed for applying sealers and curing compounds typically apply 10 times the needed Crete-Lease. They are not usable for producing CCS 1, or CCS2.
7. Produce CCS 2 with Crete-Lease 727, 880-VOC, 880 and 20-VOC. Use Crete-Lease 727 when form reuse is more important than visual impact. When superplasticizers are used in the concrete mixture or visual impact is especially important use Crete-Lease 880 or Crete-Lease 880-VOC. Use Crete-Lease 20-VOC to meet air quality (VOC), hazard and/or pollution regulations.
Storage: Factory sealed containers will keep up to 8 months at temperatures from 40° F to 100° F (1° C to 40° C). As a class 3B liquid, Section 1910.106 of OSHA Standards does not apply for storage purposes. Must be stored at temperatures above 35° F.
Precautions: Fewer precautions than with oil based release agents. See Material Safety Data Sheet for complete details.
SPRAY COVERAGE RATES TO OBTAIN HIGH VISUAL IMPACT CONCRETE
|Flat Spray Tip||Pressure||Optimum Coverage
For CCS 2
For CCS 3
|80015LP tip||30-40 psi||70 sq ft/10 sec||Not very|
|80015 tip||30-40 psi||60 sq ft/10 sec||sensitive to|
|800067 fine tip||70-80 psi||35 sq ft/10 sec||applied thickness.|
1. The coverage rates are for smooth non-porous forms.
2. Distance between form and spray tip is constant; typically between 12 and 18 inches.
SPRAY COVERAGE RATES
TO OBTAIN HIGH VISUAL IMPACT CONCRETE
(nominal conversion to metric)
|Flat Spray Tip||Pressure||
For CCS 2
For CCS 3
|80015LP tip||205-275 kPa||6.5 m2/10 sec||Not very|
|80015 tip||205-275 kPa||6 m2/10 sec||sensitive to|
|800067 fine tip||485-550 kPa||3 m2/10 sec||applied thickness.|
1. The coverage rates are for smooth non-porous forms.
2. Distance between form and spray tip is constant; typically between 300 mm and 455 mm.
6. AVAILABILITY AND COST
Availability: Crete-Lease 20-VOC Release Agent is available in 1 and 5 gallon containers; orange and white striped 55 gallon drums and 275 gallon MegaPaks. Contact Cresset Chemical Company for your nearest distributor.
Cost: The cost on hard, smooth surfaces is about $0.006
per square foot (January 2001).
7. LIMITED WARRANTY
Cresset Chemical Company warrants the product against defects in materials for a period of 8 months from purchase. If Cresset receives notice of such defects during the warranty period, Cresset at its option will either replace the product or refund the purchase price. THE WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE IS EXCLUSIVE AND NO OTHER WARRANTY, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. CRESSET SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE REMEDIES PROVIDED HEREIN ARE BUYER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES. IN NO EVENT SHALL CRESSET CHEMICAL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFIT) WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
9. TECHNICAL SERVICES
Cresset Chemical Company specializes in developing, distributing and servicing release agents. Our technical support includes assistance in optimizing concrete mixtures for achieving architectural surfaces; release agent compatibility with superplasticizers, coatings, form facings, etc.; and solving other concrete surface blemish problems.
Free literature includes:
Over 75 distributors in the United States, Canada, Australia and Germany to serve you. Your technical inquiries are welcome, please call, write or FAX.
For the most up-to-date copy please download from Cresset Chemical Company's web site, www.cresset.com, or contact us for a printed copy.
Crete-Lease 20-VOC MSDS
Other Specification Sheets:
Index of All Cresset's Specification Sheets
Crete-Lease 880-VOC Release Agent
Crete-Lease 880 Release Agent
Crete-Lease 727 Release Agent
Crete-Lease 810 Release Agent
Super-Strip 44 Form Releaser
Super-Strip "AquaBlend" Form Releaser
Super-Strip 60 Form Releaser
Super-Strip 65 Form Releaser
Super-Strip 600 Concentrated Form Releaser
Crete-Lease "Latex" Mold Release - Aerosol
Crete-Lease "Bond Breaker" for Tilt-Up
For Additional Browsing:
CCS (Cresset Concrete Standards)
3 Part CSI Specification
All Release Agents Summary of Properties
Return to Release Agent Page
Cresset Home Page
Cresset and Crete-Lease are trade marks of Cresset Chemical Company.
Copyright © 2008, Cresset Chemical Company.
All rights reserved.